Technal – MXSSG Curtain Walling
The Technal MX SSG curtain walling system responds to the increasing demand for structural glazing to create flush glass façades with visibly less aluminium.
MX SSG – Key Features
- Less visible aluminium. The double glazed units are bonded onto the carrier frame with one or two-part silicone.
- Ease of specification and installation. MX SSG uses the same grid system as MX BG beaded glazing, MX Trame and MX Visible Grid, allowing specifiers to vary the aesthetics of the building envelope without the need for additional interface detailing and construction.
- Reassuring quality. The system is manufactured in controlled factory conditions by an approved bonding specialist to certified standards. Patented design. A patented ‘hook and toggle’ system facilitates installation.
- Weather performance. The external edges of the glazed units are arissed and a 2mm step to the outer pane allows standing water to drain away for improved weather performance.
- Bespoke gasket. A specially designed EPDM perimeter frame gasket is fitted to every frame
- Glazed units and infills. MX SSG can accommodate 6mm, 28mm or 34mm structural sealant glazing or 50mm composite insulated panels.
- Flat and faceted façades. Available as a flat façade or faceted up to 3º.
- Loadings. The glass is supported by a patented glass security support at each corner of the carrier frame, which allows a maximum glass weight of 200kg per frame.
- Specification options. A choice of fixed lights, top hung open-out and tilt/turn concealed vents are available.
- Replacement glazing. A single carrier frame can be easily removed from the inside using a special tool for replacement glazing.